Please read carefully the acknowledgement, waiver and release from liability. By entering the Waitangi Mahi Tahi, you are agreeing to the below Rules and Terms
Read carefully: Non-compliance with any of the Race Rules may result in disqualification of the competitor from this event.
- Only one rider from each team to be completing a lap at any time.
- You can share bikes between team members, if you do not all own one, so long as you do not ride an Electric Bike, when entered in the Analog Category. Just note, that unless you swap your race plate with each new rider, we will not be able to tell who has done what lap in your team.
- Teams are made of a maximum of four people
- Each Team Member must complete at least one lap
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that their bicycle, helmet and any other equipment used in the event are in race-worthy condition. There will be a bike safety check on the race morning
- All participants must wear a helmet approved by NZ/AUS safety standards or similar International standards.
- It is your responsibility to obtain information and Event up dates from the Event website
- Under 18 category – all team members must be Under 18 on race day
- Riders must be over the age of 13 years to take part. Unless they have been given special permission, at the sole discretion of the event organiser
- Riders aged 13-16 years, must have permission from their Legal Guardian to enter
- Everyone must attend the briefing at 8am
- Race packs must be picked up between 6am-7.30am on race day
- All teams will be given a 3x3m space within the Event Hub. Setup begins from 6am race day. Set up your site how you would like (tents, chairs, picnic etc.). No Generators permitted.
- No Vehicles are allowed within the Event Hub after 7.00am
- You are fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the Event and Organiser will not be liable for the replacement of any personal possessions.
- Event is occurring in a Kiwi Zone (DoC Land), so no dogs permitted to be onsite
- No Smoking permitted within the Event Premises
- Please stick as far left as possible at all times, or move into any pullover bays, to allow other riders to safely pass you.
- Passing participants MUST let the rider you are about to pass know when and on which side. E.g. “rider coming up, passing on your right when you are ready”.
- Headphones, earpieces or portal speakers are NOT permitted whilst you are riding on the course
- Competitors must not deviate from the obvious track or attempt to take shortcuts.
- It is up to competitor’s to listen at the briefing so that they know what the course is
- You must swap with your team member outside your designated tent site
- Any competitor/team withdrawing from the race must inform a Race Marshall at the first possible opportunity after the decision to withdraw is made.
- Competitors must know how to fix basic mechanical breakdowns (chain break and repair flat tyres), so that you can get back to the Event Hub safely. There will be mechanics at the Event Hub to help once you are back at base – please note the usual workshop rates apply for an work completed
- Your race number plate must be attached to the front of your handle bars. The number plate must be readable, so it must be fastened as flat as possible.
- Event Officials / Marshalls reserve the right to remove any competitor if they consider they are not capable of safely completing the event for any reason.
- Non-registered riders/spectators will not be allowed on any part of the course on the Mountain Bike Tracks, however they can be at the Event Hub
- Please do not leave any rubbish along the route. All food wrappers, drink bottles, tubes etc must be carried to the finish line and not discarded anywhere along the route except in rubbish bags provided at the Event Hub.
- Hydration is your responsibility when at the event, so be sure you have enough.
- No outside assistance is allowed by support crews to any competitor and no supporters will be allowed to follow riders on the course.
- Participants may not carry additional people on their bike during the race, eg, child carriers or tag along
- Competitors must obey instructions from Marshals at all times. They are there for everyone’s safety and enjoyment.
- Race Organiser’s have the right to alter the course, or start time if conditions or circumstances warrant this.
- The event meets the mission of Drug Free Sport New Zealand and enforce the World Anti-Doping Policy
- Any rider found to be under the influence of alcohol or illicit drugs with be removed from the event and band from future events held by the organisers.
- The race director has a non-appealable right to disqualify for breaches of the rules and credit time for those who help other competitors in crash or injury situations.
- If anyone in the team has an E-Bike, you are in the E-Bike category
- Pedal assisted E-bike only are allowed at this event (no throttles).
- E-Bikes must fit to NZ Standards of assisting only until 32km/h.
- There are no charging facilities onsite, so riders must manage their own battery expenditure, especially on the early laps
Crashes & Injured riders
- A participant that locates another participant who is injured in a crash MUST STOP to make sure that person is okay.
- If the participant is injured to the extent they need medical support, you MUST stay with him/her and send the next participant to the next marshal to report the medical incident.
- Lap times of those helping, will be adjusted accordingly
Transfer of Entry/ Withdrawals
- No person is permitted to ride under anyone else’s name for any reason at any stage.
- To make any changes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- At any time prior to the 1st November you can:
- Withdraw your team for any reason and request a refund of 50% of your team’s entry fee.
- Change categories
- Transfer your entry to another person (Full Team or swap one rider) ($20 admin cost applies).
- From midnight on the 1st November
- Withdrawing your team from this stage is now non-refundable
- Between to the 1st November to 30th November you can:
- Change categories
- Transfer your entry to another person (Full Team or one rider) ($20 admin cost applies)
- At midnight on the 30th November which for a number of safety, infrastructure and organisational reasons, unequivocally means:
- No late entries will be accepted for any reason.
- All Entries are non-transferable to other athletes.