Please read carefully the acknowledgement, waiver and release from liability. By entering the Waitangi Mahi Tahi, you are agreeing to the below Rules and Terms
Read carefully: Non-compliance with any of the Race Rules may result in disqualification of the competitor from this event.
- Only one rider from each team to be completing a lap at any time.
- You can share bikes between team members, if you do not all own one, so long as you do not ride an Electric Bike, when entered in the Analog Category.
- All Team Member’s must be a current WMBP Annual Registered Rider, or complete a Day Koha
- Teams are made of a maximum of four people
- Each Team Member must complete at least one lap
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that their bicycle, helmet and any other equipment used in the event are in race-worthy condition. There will be a bike safety check on the race morning
- All participants must wear a helmet approved by NZ/AUS safety standards or similar International standards.
- It is your responsibility to obtain information and Event up dates from the Event website
- Under 18 category – all team members must be Under 18 on race day
- Riders must be over the age of 13 years to take part. Unless they have been given special permission, at the sole discretion of the event organiser
- Riders aged 13-16 years, must have permission from their Legal Guardian to enter
- Everyone must attend the briefing at 8am
- Race packs must be picked up between 6.30am-7.30am on race day
- All teams will be given a 3x3m space within the Event Hub. Setup begins from 6.30am race day. Set up your site how you would like (tents, chairs, picnic etc.). No Generators permitted.
- No Vehicles are allowed within the Event Hub after 7.30am
- You are fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the Event and Organiser will not be liable for the replacement of any personal possessions.
- Event is occurring in a Kiwi Zone (DoC Land), so no dogs permitted to be onsite
- No Smoking permitted within the Event Premises
- Please stick as far left as possible at all times, or move into any pullover bays, to allow other riders to safely pass you.
- Passing participants MUST let the rider you are about to pass know when and on which side. E.g. “rider coming up, passing on your right when you are ready”, or use the bell provided in the race bags
- Headphones, earpieces or portal speakers are NOT permitted whilst you are riding on the course
- Competitors must not deviate from the obvious track or attempt to take shortcuts.
- It is up to competitor’s to listen at the briefing so that they know what the course is
- You must swap with your team member at the Tag In + Out ZOne
- Any competitor/team withdrawing from the race must inform a Race Marshall at the first possible opportunity after the decision to withdraw is made.
- Competitors must know how to fix basic mechanical breakdowns (chain break and repair flat tyres), so that you can get back to the Event Hub safely. There will be mechanics at the Event Hub to help once you are back at base – please note the usual workshop rates apply for an work completed
- Your race number plate must be attached to the front of your handle bars. The number plate must be readable, so it must be fastened as flat as possible.
- Event Officials / Marshalls reserve the right to remove any competitor if they consider they are not capable of safely completing the event for any reason.
- Non-registered riders/spectators will not be allowed on any part of the course on the Mountain Bike Tracks, however they can be at the Event Hub
- Please do not leave any rubbish along the route. All food wrappers, drink bottles, tubes etc must be carried to the finish line and not discarded anywhere along the route. Please take all rubbish home with you
- Hydration is your responsibility when at the event, so be sure you have enough.
- No outside assistance is allowed by support crews to any competitor and no supporters will be allowed to follow riders on the course.
- Participants may not carry additional people on their bike during the race, eg, child carriers or tag along
- Competitors must obey instructions from Marshals at all times. They are there for everyone’s safety and enjoyment.
- Race Organiser’s have the right to alter the course, or start time if conditions or circumstances warrant this.
- The event meets the mission of Drug Free Sport New Zealand and enforce the World Anti-Doping Policy
- Any rider found to be under the influence of alcohol or illicit drugs with be removed from the event and band from future events held by the organisers.
- The race director has a non-appealable right to disqualify for breaches of the rules and credit time for those who help other competitors in crash or injury situations.
- If anyone in the team has an E-Bike, you are in the E-Bike category
- Pedal assisted E-bike only are allowed at this event (no throttles).
- E-Bikes must fit to NZ Standards of assisting only until 32km/h.
- There are no charging facilities onsite, so riders must manage their own battery expenditure, especially on the early laps
Crashes & Injured riders
- A participant that locates another participant who is injured in a crash MUST STOP to make sure that person is okay.
- If the participant is injured to the extent they need medical support, you MUST stay with him/her and send the next participant to the next marshal to report the medical incident.
- Lap times of those helping, will be adjusted accordingly
Transfer of Entry/ Withdrawals
- No person is permitted to ride under anyone else’s name for any reason at any stage.
- To make any changes, please email email@example.com
- At any time prior to the 1st November you can:
- Withdraw your team for any reason and request a refund of 50% of your team’s entry fee.
- Change categories
- Transfer your entry to another person (Full Team or swap one rider) ($20 admin cost applies).
- From midnight on the 1st November
- Withdrawing your team from this stage is now non-refundable
- Between to the 1st November to 30th November you can:
- Change categories
- Transfer your entry to another person (Full Team or one rider) ($20 admin cost applies)
- At midnight on the 30th November which for a number of safety, infrastructure and organisational reasons, unequivocally means:
- No late entries will be accepted for any reason.
- All Entries are non-transferable to other athletes.
Waiver (Terms & Conditions)
I acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions and equipment during this event and its related activities. I also confirm that my mountain bike is safe, in a good state of repair and are suitable to handle the rough and demanding conditions of this Mountain Bike Event.
I have read, accept, understand and agree to abide by the Race Rules above. I will comply with all the directions given on the event website, entry form, emails, newsletters, pre-race briefing information, course signage and marshals. I am in sound physical condition, capable of safely competing in the event.
I acknowledge and assume all of the risks associated with this event. I acknowledge that an event of this nature, given the distance, terrain, hazards and weather conditions are inherently dangerous. I accept full responsibility for obtaining adequate skills to negotiate and avoid hazards on the course and that I am waiving and releasing my legal rights to sue for any injury or damages what so ever arising out of or resulting from my participation in this event.
On behalf of myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, and anyone else who might sue on my behalf, I hereby waive, release, and forever discharge all event sponsors, event producers, event staff, administrators, officials, contractors, vendors, and organisers (including race directors), volunteers, all other persons, organisations or entities involved with this event, cities, towns, and other governmental bodies and locations in which this event takes place from any and all claims, causes of action, damages, losses (economic and non-economic), and liabilities of every kind, for death, personal injury, or property damage, which may arise out of, result from, or relate to my participation in, or my traveling to or from this event.
I agree and authorise the Waitangi Mahi Tahi Event and its sponsors to use photographs, video and film taken during the event to advertise their products or to promote the event at no cost to the organisers and sponsors. I agree that the information I have provided may be used by the Waitangi Mahi Tahi Event for the purpose of administration, promoting future or other events or for the promotion of the race sponsors products and services. (Refer Privacy Act 1993).
I further understand and agree that the Event may be cancelled, modified, delayed, re-routed or brought to a premature end without notice if a natural disaster, fire, flood or other similar major events (including without limitation, wind, rain, hail, cyclone, earthquake, acts of terrorism, labour difficulty, work stoppage, insurrection, pandemic and war) beyond the Organiser’s control makes it impossible for the event to take place on the scheduled dates or to continue. There shall be no refund of the entry fee or any costs that a participant may incur in connection with the Event should a force majeure event cause the cancellation, postponement, alteration, or early termination of the Event.
I acknowledge that if there are any COVID Guidelines at the time of the Event, the Organisers will adhere to these restrictions. The New Zealand government has removed the COVID-19 mandates for outdoor events. All riders can now participant in this event. We do ask that you stay home if you are sick, a close contact or have tested positive for COVID-19.
An Event timekeeping chip will be made available to all participants. I understand that the said timekeeping chip can fail at times and in the event of chip failure, I may not obtain a time record for my participation in the Event and shall have no claim whatsoever against the Event nor any entitlement to a refund of entry fee or any part of entry fee.
If you are completing this Entry on behalf of others e.g. team members, or on behalf of minors, then you must have them read these Terms and Conditions and obtain their permission (also in the case of a minor, their caregiver) to complete this entry on their behalf. By agreeing to the below Declaration and accepting these Terms and Conditions, you will be deemed to be also making it on behalf of those persons and with their authority and they will be bound by these Terms and Conditions as if they had personally agreed to the Declaration.
It is a requirement of the Waitangi Mahi Tahi that all participants U16 have received permission from their parent or caregiver to participate. The parent or caregiver must take full responsibility of their entry. This permission certifies that the entrant is capable of completing the entered event and is aware of all safety requirements and the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
I voluntarily acknowledge this Waiver and Release of Liability Form and explicitly agree to its content.