Setup from 06:00am, race starts at 08:30am
Each team will be allocated a 3x3m space at the event base to setup as you wish.
Teams of 4 people complete as many laps as they can in the time limit.
The lap starts and finishes at the Event Hub and is an achievable Cross Country course on Grade 2 Mountain Bike Tracks. It is approximately 7.5km and should take on average 20-30 minutes to ride
Teams decide who rides which lap and in what order. It is totally up to you if you prefer to take a break and enjoy the atmosphere and food at the event hub. Each individual is NOT riding for 8 hours 😊 It is a fun but competitive event
Each person in the team must complete at least one lap
Only one person from each team is riding the course at any one time
How many laps can your team complete before the time is up?
The Waitangi Mountain Bike Park
33 Bayly Rd, Waitangi
Only 4km out from Paihia. Please park as directed
Race Pack Pickup
Saturday 10th December: 6.00am – 7.30am
All Cars out of carpark by 7.00am
Even if you have finished your laps for the day, stick around at the Event Hub there will be plenty of fun surprise activities and keep cheering all the other riders on!
The Course will remain a surprise until the day of the Event. However, here is what you can know
The Lap is approximately 7.5km and should take on average 20-30 minutes to ride
Only on Grade 2 Mountain Bike Cross Country Tracks
Lap times will begin/end under at the Start line
You will swap out with your teammate at your appointed tent site and when they cross over the Start Line again, the next lap timing will begin
Teams to be made up of 4 people
Male | Female | Mixed | Under 18
Male | Female | Mixed
The Key Rules
- Ride as many laps as possible within the 8 Hours
- Only one rider from a team on the course at a time
- Riders can do as many laps in a row as they like before switching to another team member
- The changeover of teammates for the next lap will occur outside your tent site. However, the lap time continues, until the new team member crosses the start line
- No non-competitors on the course
- No personal aid/pacing during a lap (the only support location is at the event base). This means kids taking part must be confident enough to ride the lap by themselves, no parents to ride alongside them.
- Slower riders – please allow faster riders to pass. Move to your left
- The winning team has the most complete laps in the team category entered
- In the event of top teams having the same number of complete laps, the time of the last lap that was completed will decide the winner
- We are on DoC Land so no cats, dogs or other domesticated animals allowed onsite
- No Smoking Permitted on Event Premises
- One E-bike in a team means you are classed in the Electric Bike Category.
- Electric Bikes need to be pedal assist, rather than throttle driven
- There are no charging facilities onsite, so make sure your bike is all charged up!